Welcome to the website of the Hobart Bellringers.
||We are a small group from across the community who regularly ring the bells of St. David's Anglican Cathedral and Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Hobart. (These are the only two churches in Tasmania with bells hung to swing full-circle for English-style change ringing.)
On these pages you can:
- Check on our ringing times below;
- Explore our two towers and the bells they contain;
- Learn a bit about bellringing (there's more to this fascinating hobby than you might think!);
- Find out how you could become a bellringer yourself.
When we ring
Visiting ringers should contact us to discuss Holy Trinity ringing and in case arrangements at the cathedral have changed for any reason.
- We ring the bells at the cathedral every Sunday morning prior to the 10am service (9:15 to 9:55am);
- Each Monday we have a practice at the cathedral from 7:15 to 9:00pm;
- We also ring for weddings and other church and civic occasions on request;
- We ring the bells of Holy Trinity Church in North Hobart one Sunday per month, but there is no fixed schedule for this.
Please note that further changes to ringing times have occurred as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. This page will be modified in the coming days to provide some updated information.