Welcome to the website of the Hobart Bellringers - the Tasmanian Branch of The Australian and New Zealand Association of Bellringers Inc.
||We are a small group from across the community who regularly ring the bells of St. David's Anglican Cathedral and Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Hobart. (These are the only two churches in Tasmania with bells hung to swing full-circle for English-style change ringing.)
On these pages you can:
- Check on our ringing times below;
- Explore our two towers and the bells they contain;
- Learn a bit about bellringing (there's more to this fascinating hobby than you might think!);
- Find out how you could become a bellringer yourself.
When we ring
Visiting ringers should contact us to discuss Holy Trinity ringing and in case arrangements at the cathedral have changed for any reason.
- We ring the bells at the cathedral every Sunday morning prior to the 10am service (9:15 to 9:55am);
- Each Monday we have a practice at the cathedral from 7:30 to 9:00pm;
- We also ring for weddings and other church and civic occasions on request;
- We ring the bells of Holy Trinity Church in North Hobart one Sunday per month as a rule, but there is no fixed schedule for this.
Ringing has now resumed a normal pattern after a period of no ringing in 2020.
We usually ring on Sunday mornings and on Monday evenings as detailed above, but we do miss the occasional session due to low numbers.
If you're a visiting ringer or a local wanting to come along to see what we do, please contact us first.